Thursday 29 December 2016

Wiring Loom build - Planning

I have started to plan the wiring loom rebuild, for this I will need a few tools, wire, connectors and tape.

Most of the loom will need junior timer connectors so I will need a crimping tool, I have gone for a dedicated crimper and not an all in one tool so that the crimps are as good as they can be.


Then to remove the existing crimped wires you need the removal tool


The tape that I will use to wrap the harness in is from this manufacturer Certoplast

I will go with thin walled cable for the loom as this supports a broad range of temperatures from -40C to 105C.

Finally the connectors I will try to reuse, those that are damaged are available from Mercedes Benz.  I am just finishing off the change of front brake pads on my W123 and I will swap the E280 Estate into the garage to start removing the loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment