Monday 19 December 2016

A bit of history. Part 1

I bought my first Mercedes in 2000, it was a 1990 W124 E200.  I do have a photo somewhere, its a photograph on paper in the old school way and I intend to dig it out from my parents house to put on here.  The car was pretty basic specification, cloth trim, no sunroof, no air con, but it did have all electric windows and 15 hole alloys.  Back then I had not got a clue what a VIN was I just knew I had a Mercedes and I loved it, my clients used to ask why I had an old mans car but I knew I was on the right path.

I went through a few different cars to where I am today, but they did include a W220 320 CDI, W208 CLK 320, W123 230E and W124 300CE before ending up where I am today.

W220 320 CDI - Almandine Black. This had Brabus styling all over, factory option added by a Sheik who had bought the car in Monaco.


W208 CLK 320 - Vivante Green.  This was actually a really good drive, the V6 is a great engine and the CLK a good drive.  These cars are unloved and are a good buy right now, watch out for rust and you can get a bargain couple or cabriolet.


No comments:

Post a Comment